- Hiring Organization: Amazon
- Post Name: Packing Works
- Industry: E-Commerce
- Qualification: 10th Pass, 12th Pass
- Salary: INR 10000/- to INR 20000/- Per Month
- Job Experience: 0 to 1 Years
- Work Hours: 8 Hours
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Location: Mumbai
Amazon.com, Inc. is an American multinational technology company which focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It has been referred to as “one of the most influential economic and cultural forces in the world”, and is one of the world’s most valuable brands. It is one of the Big Five American information technology companies, alongside Alphabet, Apple, Meta, and Microsoft.
Amazon was founded by Jeff Bezos from his garage in Bellevue, Washington, on July 5, 1994. Initially an online marketplace for books, it has expanded into a multitude of product categories: a strategy that has earned it the moniker The Everything Store. It has multiple subsidiaries including Amazon Web Services (cloud computing), Zoox (autonomous vehicles), Kuiper Systems (satellite Internet), Amazon Lab126 (computer hardware R&D). Its other subsidiaries include Ring, Twitch, IMDb, and Whole Foods Market. Its acquisition of Whole Foods in August 2017 for US$13.4 billion substantially increased its footprint as a physical retailer.
Amazon has earned a reputation as a disruptor of well-established industries through technological innovation and mass scale. As of 2021, it is the world’s largest Internet company, online marketplace, AI assistant provider, cloud computing platform, and live-streaming service as measured by revenue and market share. In 2021, it surpassed Walmart as the world’s largest retailer outside of China, driven in large part by its paid subscription plan, Amazon Prime, which has over 200 million subscribers worldwide. It is the second-largest private employer in the United States.
Amazon also distributes a variety of downloadable and streaming content through its Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Music, Twitch, and Audible units. It publishes books through its publishing arm, Amazon Publishing, film and television content through Amazon Studios, and is currently acquiring film and television studio Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. It also produces consumer electronics—most notably, Kindle e-readers, Echo devices, Fire tablets, and Fire TV.
Amazon has been criticized for practices including technological surveillance overreach, a hyper-competitive and demanding work culture, tax avoidance, and anti-competitive behavior.
An Amazon Packer has the responsibility of picking and packing and handling stock arrangements to ensure that there is adequate stock for shipment purposes. His/her job description entails ensuring that orders are ready for transportation, as well as marking and labeling product containers.
- Weighing packages and labeling them appropriately
- Inspecting packages to ensure they are not damaged
- Inspecting shipping containers to ensure they meet shipping regulations
- Assembling daily orders by shipping location or any other shipping categories
- Keeping records of packages including delivery notes, invoices, etc.
- Filling out packing and order forms with the relevant shipping information
- Sealing shipping containers and labeling them appropriately
- Cleaning shipping containers and other shipping supplies
- In-depth knowledge of packing and shipping procedures
- Ability to operate shipping vehicles
- Good knowledge of basic arithmetic: addition, subtraction, division and multiplication
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment for long hours
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
|Job Type||Vacancy||More Information|
|Govt Jobs||2,611||View More|
|Private Jobs||830||View More|
|Marketing Jobs||2,778||View More|
|Management Jobs||230||View More|
|Medical Jobs||1,443||View More|
|Bank Jobs||824||View More|
|State Wise Govt Jobs||3,070||View More|
GET MORE JOBS CLICK HERE@https://freshjobalert.in
NOTE-Fresh Job Alert never ask for any money regarding a job placement nor encourage about the same, be careful and do not pay any amount for any job apply or career placement and only apply for job by company’s official website