Customer Success Executive, Japanese Speaking, Tokyo
We are currently looking for an exceptional Customer Success Executive (CSE) to join our APAC team, based in Tokyo, Japan. This role is to manage our Japanese customers. As our CSE, you will own a portfolio of our most strategic/ global accounts.
Our Customer Success team advises and guides our wide array of enterprise customers as they map any number of business needs to Zendesk. We are the greeters to the house of Zendesk – genuinely compassionate, patient, organised and, well, a little quirky.
We ensure customers are optimised and scaling effortlessly through different programs, all focused on driving business and technical value to retain and grow our customers.
A key fixture of our Success team is the work our CSEs do to understand a customer’s business, overarching strategy, and objectives and how they use Zendesk. CSEs work creatively to provide solutions to challenges and ultimately help their customers to innovate and transform using Zendesk.
You will advise and guide your customers on best in class practices as they map any number of their business needs to Zendesk. You are the face of zen – genuinely compassionate, strategic-minded, organized and dedicated.
Fulfilling this role means you are entrusted with the relationships, long-term strategy, sharing business road-maps, and product health of your accounts. You will use your creativity to craft extraordinary customer experiences. Above all, you are someone who is extremely passionate, client obsessed, and loves navigating within complex organisational structures partnering with advocates to make Zendesk the common thread that transforms their business.
- Manage a book of business with the primary goal of retaining our customers and identifying transformative support solutions across customers’ business
- Identification of risk and development of mitigation plans to eliminate or reduce the risk of churn or contraction
- Collaborate with your peers in Customer Success, Sales, Support, Product, and throughout Zendesk to ensure our customers are getting the ROI out of the Zendesk platform
- Engage with customers in a way that thoughtfully changes their perception of what is possible, from both a business and strategic perspective
- Consult with support leaders across various industries to bring together their business problems and work together on solutions to meet and exceed expectations
- Partner with creative, fast-growing customers to optimise and transform support strategies
- Conduct virtual and face to face meetings, workshops, discovery sessions and executive business reviews in alignment with the Customer Success methodology
- Maintain a high level of integrity, empathy with an eye for business across multiple customers at one time, connecting trends and themes as you go
- Perform issue identification, communication, and resolution for moderately complex issues
- Maintain product expertise across the Zendesk product line
- Energized by working collaboratively to evolve and optimise customer experience
- Love for teamwork and the ability to work across different internal groups to improve our customers’ experience
- Solid ability to develop relationships quickly
- Ability to manage several projects and customers at one time
Relevant Backgrounds (bonus If You Have Both)
- Experience managing an enterprise book of business or related experience caring for and advising a set of strategic clients
- Experience leading a world-class customer support team and driving strategic initiatives for a global Contact Center
- 8+ years of Customer Success or related consulting experience providing strategic business advice to enterprise/ global customers
- Background of working at similar SaaS/ technology companies or consultancy businesses specialising in tech/ digital transformations
- Professional consulting experience, ideally in a customer-facing role
- Deep understanding of customer support process and infrastructure or Customer Experience solutions (including but not limited to WFM, Messaging, QA, etc.)
- Ability to navigate across complex customer organisations crafting solid relationships with C-Level, senior management, and other key decision makers and influencers
- Strong project management or organisational skills and an ability to effectively prioritise to get the job done
- Strong communication, social skills, and eloquent writing skills
- Fluent Japanese language skills (business level; written and verbal) , and ability to effectively communicate in English at a intermediate level at least
- Empathy and an unrivaled ability to understand customer needs
- Passionate about customer experience and how it can transform businesses
- Experience with Zendesk or similar platforms (e.g. Salesforce, ServiceNow, BI tools) bonus if you have
- University degree or equivalent
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally, approximately 25% (After the current remote work situation calm down)
At Zendesk, we believe that every great customer relationship stems from a conversation. So we built a customer service software company that designs solutions to foster better customer relationships. From large enterprises to startups, powerful, innovative customer experiences should be within reach for every company, no matter the size, industry or ambition. Zendesk serves more than 160,000 customers across a multitude of industries in over 30 languages. Zendesk is headquartered in San Francisco, and operates offices worldwide. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
We believe in service. Learn more about how we provide support to our local communities with volunteering, grants and product donations.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk’s Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.
Seniority level-Not Applicable
Job function-Customer Service and Information Technology
Industries-Computer Software and Information Technology and Services