Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible to supervise and assist in the smooth running of the Housekeeping department, ensuring all areas of the hotel under Housekeeping control are cleaned and maintained to the highest standard. Additionally, to ensure that all Guests and Customers receive a polite, professional and efficient service at all times and all hotel and company standards as well as current legislation is adhered to.
- Hiring Organization: Melia Hotels International
- Post Name: Housekeeping Supervisor
- Qualification: Diploma in Hospitality or Hotel Management
- Hotels & Resorts
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- o maintain a correct standard of dress as laid out in both the department uniform standard procedure and the hotel’s grooming policy.
- To familiarize with and adhere to all hotel policies and procedures
- To actively participate in ‘On The Job Training’ and attend training sessions to enhance Personal Development.
- To be familiar with the ‘Quality Wins’ initiative and actively support this Customer Service initiative
- To attend hotel and department staff meetings to understand the hotel and department objectives.
- To actively work as part of the team to contribute to accomplish the hotel and department objectives.
- To be fully aware of the hotels housekeeping services and facilities.
- To be familiar with the hotels business on a daily and weekly basis.
- To effectively organize allocated work tasks to gain maximum productivity within the work shift.
- To regularly liaise with the Executive Housekeeper to ensure familiarity and awareness of allocated responsibility.
- To act in a professional and polite manner to all guests and customers at all times.
- To portray a professional image through the use of positive body language.
- To ensure all actions promote the ‘Quality Wins’ culture.
- To answer the telephone as per the hotel standard, acting in a professional manner.
- To have a thorough understanding of products and facilities to ensure customer and guest needs are met and exceeded.
- To check customer satisfaction and offer further requirements.
- To ensure all extra requirements of the guest are dealt with efficiently.
- To ensure all maintenance issues are reported and dealt with in an efficient manner.
- Diploma in Hospitality or Hotel Management would be an advantage.
- The position requires a minimum of two years’ experience in hotels housekeeping operations in a similar role.
- Previous experience in a lifestyle hospitality brand preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and verbally com