As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8×8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) is to transform the future of business communications. The 8×8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforce worldwide to work smarter.
For additional information, visit www.8×8.com, or follow 8×8 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
About the Job:
We are seeking an experienced Enterprise Sales Executive, based in Tokyo, with Mobile Messaging, Cloud Services, or Mobile Technology experience.
This role suits an independent hunter, with existing working contacts from local or regional Enterprises business (Banks, Finance, Insurance, E-commerce, and Logistics).
The Sales Executive will be responsible for the generation and development of both inbound and outbound new business opportunities. The successful candidate will be a consummate and credible sales professional selling 8×8’s cloud-communication services(CPaaS) to Enterprises and Application developers. This role is focused on the acquisition of new businesses locally and overseas.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who is ambitious with an independent personality, who enjoys challenges working in a fast-paced environment, and who aims for success.
The candidate has to demonstrate hands-on experience in building strong business relationships with mid-level and senior executives across marketing, customer service, customer experience, and technical teams.
- Develop new business relationships, generate and negotiate new business for 8×8 to agreed annual qualitative and quantitative targets, increasing yearly.
- Focused on winning the most relevant key players in vertical markets but not limited to E-Commerce, Transport/Logistic, Digital Marketplaces, Bank and Insurances, and building great relationships with them.
- Actively and successfully manage the entire sales process.
- Manage and develop the sales pipeline, ensuring that all sales administration is kept up-to-date.
- Respond to tenders and requests for information in a timely manner.
- Create and be accountable for all client proposals, contracts, and any further documentation.
- Possess drive, motivation, and acute attention to detail in ensuring all sales opportunities to 8×8 are captured and explored.
- The candidate will have individual responsibility for new business, and is expected to self-manage; the candidate is expect to work with all internal stakeholders for complex and large deals.
Desired skills and experience:
- With more than 5 years of sales experience in the Mobile or Internet industry with at least 3 years’ experience in a customer-facing role. Previous experience in the mobile messaging or emailing industry is highly beneficial but not necessary.
- Hands-on experience in fast-moving environments.
- The potential candidate is self-motivated and ambitious in achieving goals.
- Able to meet tight deadlines, follow up on commitments, and take disciplinary action wherever appropriate.
- Good presentation, communication and interpersonal skills with strong selling and sales aptitude.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and persuasive skills across all levels.
- Strong sense of responsibility, initiative, integrity, commitment and independent with hands-on personality.
- Excellent overview of the business to closely track industry and product trends to stay on top of the game.
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail.
- Customer-driven focus and excellent people skills to establish a good rapport with customers.
- Resourceful, strong problem-solving skills and an ability to work independently and cope with pressure.
- A strong team player with excellent personal relationship skills.
- Maintain effective customer relations and provide customer satisfaction.
- A team player with a passion for selling innovative, disrupting products and has a deep understanding of the cloud communications industry.
- Written and verbal fluency in English is required.
8×8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8×8 jobs located in the US: 8×8 participates in the E-Verify program.
View the Participant Poster in English | Español.
View the Right to Work Poster in English | Español.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at careers@8×8.com (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)