Cost engineering general information
We are a global team of cost engineers that deliver data driven engineering design and development cost, product cost, and tooling cost to our project, product development and purchasing teams.
We are a specialized group with representation at our main sites Gothenburg, Lyon, Bangalore, Greensboro and Curitiba having expertise within the areas of Software / Hardware engineering, Chemicals, Metallics and EL/EE which works collaboratively together to provide detailed, bottom-up costing.
We are fully engaged in the product development and the sourcing process, and our cost engineering activities drive optimized cost from the earliest concept phase, through the development phases and on to industrialization.
Our engineers are taking the next step in cutting-edge technology on our products and we as Cost engineers are always looking for new developments and advancements within the industry.
Profile: Senior Cost Engineer – Automotive Engineering – Cab, Chassis and Powertrain.
Working on related teams as an Automotive Hardware Cost Engineer, you will be highly valued in supporting the cost optimization of supplier quoted engineering work.
You must be technically analytical and have a good logical understanding of the overall financial constraints in terms of supplier related engineering to meet our technical requirements.
You will use your knowledge and expertise to calculate the engineering design and development cost of Cab, Chassis and Powertrain HW for new truck projects. You will perform cost target settings and activity-based cost breakdowns on hardware based on technical regulations / functional descriptions.
You must be passionate about cost efficient engineering and contribute to further improve the cost models in collaboration with engineering.
- Cab, Chassis and Powertrain Automotive Engineering – Cost engineer is to calculate should cost based on an activity-based bottom-up model of the engineering design and development required for Cab, Chassis and Powertrain equipment.
- Understanding of the function for the complete delivery unit and on the detailed BOM in order to calculate the engineering cost based on the component’s requirements /complexity.
- Understanding within the areas of components and systems in the powertrain, chassis, safety and control, Electronic systems, Comfort and control, Infotainment and cockpit, and as well as in the areas of safety, driver assistance and automated driving.
- Understanding of Design validations/ Production validations requirements technically and financially.
- A degree in Electronics/Mechanical engineering or a comparable degree, with at least 5 years of professional experience in a comparable employment (e.g. development)
- Engineering project management skills with a sound knowledge of the development process.
- Experience on the functionality on components and systems within automotive interior, exterior and powertrain.
- Experience in CAE tools.
- Experience in the required legal, customer, and supplier-specific testing.
- Willingness to grow and share. Your own knowledge is always based on the latest state-of-the-art standards
- Strong analytical skills, solution-oriented, careful, and independent operation
- Service willingness, ability to work in a team and communicate and collaborate in an international environment including a willingness to travel
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area’s with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Auto req ID: 112500BR
Organization: Group Trucks Technology
State / Province: Karnataka
Employment/Assignment Type: Regular
Travel Required (maximum): Frequent Travel
Functional Area: Manufacturing Engineering
- HR Manager/ HR Executive in Trawex, Bangalore
- Philips Software Engineer II Jobs in Bangalore
- Sales Executive in Esteem Group,Bangalore
- Job For Marketing Manager in Bangalore
GET MORE JOBS CLICK HERE@https://freshjobalert.in
NOTE-We are never ask for any money regarding a job placement nor encourage about the same, be careful and do not pay any amount for any job apply or career placement and only apply for job by company’s official website