Senior Manager, Software Engineering
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Senior Software Engineering Manager on our Software Engineering team in Pune to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Software Engineering Manager, you will lead the CloudIQ development team for ObjectScale and PowerScale storage platforms. You will direct the CloudIQ product development and enhancements by working with internal and external partners on the analysis, design, programming, debugging and modification of software programs. You will be a member of the Unstructured Storage CloudIQ development team based in Pune, India.
CloudIQ is a SaaS application that non-disruptively provides comprehensive health scores for Storage systems through cloud-based proactive monitoring and intelligent, predictive analytics. You will be part of the team which will be responsible for building PowerScale and ObjectScale features in CloudIQ for both CapEx and Storage-As-a-Service (Project APEX) clusters.
- Participate in long-range planning and development of operational goals and engineering specifications
- Contribute to the modification, development and implementation of company practices and policies that affect subordinate employees
- Create and implement schedules, work and hiring plans and be accountable for managing a budget
- Provide innovative solutions to complex problems and communicate progress toward project/program goals
- Liaise with senior management to report on project and program milestones and to present project needs
- Contribute to the design and architecture of high-quality, complex systems and software/storage environments
- Prepare, review and analyze software/storage specifications for products and systems
- Contributes to the development, test and integration of code for new or existing software of significant complexity involving multiple teams
- Design and implement software lifecycle and quality assurance methods for projects and products
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 12+ years of relevant experience
- 4 years managerial experience
- Ability to apply software lifecycle and quality assurance methodologies in a cost-effective manner in order to bring high-quality products to market on time
- Solid understanding of appropriate technologies, vendor products and competitor offerings
- Capability to write and review requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, tech plans and documentation
- Experience of working with Spring, Angular JS, Node.js, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, Redis, Cassandra, Postgres and Docker etc.
- Able to review code for complex programs using either written or verbal design specifications
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Experience with public cloud application development and platforms like AWS, GCP etc.
- Experience in Monitoring and analyzing the capabilities, security, and performance of different systems
- Experience in DevOps and Agile software development.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: July 31, 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
- Job for Software Engineer in Arista Networks, Pune
- Job for Software Development Engineer in Pune
- Assistant Manager – Tata Steel Recruitment In Pune
- Mechanical Engineer Jobs in Pune
- Cipla Pharma Job in Pune