Software Engineering is responsible for the delivery of software, which may include new development, configuration, maintenance and installation of third party packages, and software integration efforts. It may include tasks from every part of the software development life cycle, including software and website design, development, programming, and software deployment (both the installation and decommissioning of software).
The Software Engineer role is within a growing Agile Dev Ops team for Service Now.
The Service Now Dev Ops Engineer will be responsible for the development and support of the Service Now landscape and you will also be the technical expert for the applications/modules in Service Now under your care.
The role requires a pro-active/independent, strong software engineering skilled individual that known scripting techniques and software development/delivery methods (SDLC, CI/CD). An advantage is when the candidate has Service Now development experience in administration, scripting and integration to support the Service Now ITSM & ITBM modules (ITIL processes) and IT solution(s).
Development experience in Service Now ITOM and GRC/Sec Ops is an added advantage.
- Working across Service Now modules like : ITSM, ITBM, ITOM, SecOps/GRC.
- Working as a Dev engineer to deliver solutions for enhancements to be delivered in a sprint.
- Working as an Ops engineer to fix bugs.
- Working in larger projects as developer to support initial implementation of new Service Now features.
- Working in Dev Ops to maintain Service Now platform versions (ie. Release upgrades)
- Knowledge transition from external implementation partners for new modules
- Keep technical expertise up to date
Dimensions and Special Challenges
- Service Now system used by entire Shell (100 000+ users) across the globe
- The current Service Now platform uses ITSM, ITBM & LSM modules with future modules like ITOM & GRC/SecOps being planned for implementation.
- Virtual working in a global environment with culturally diverse teams and across many organizational boundaries (within and across IT support and delivery organizations, incl. suppliers)
- Managing multiple delivery priorities, multiple demand requests and complex (integration) issues
- High degree of application, technology and SaaS landscape complexity and integration
- Working as one team with business support teams to ensure seamless development and deployments of changes and maximum added value for the business by proposing continuous improvements in line with the business needs and strategy
Mandatory Qualifications And Skills
- Hands On experience as a software engineer
- HTML 5/CSS/AJAX/.Net/Java/Web services/Glide Record
- Client Side and Server Side Scripting / Client & Server API’s/Saab integration services
- ACL & debugging
- COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf Software)
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development and continuous delivery
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand incremental delivery and use metrics to track progress against the intended time-line
- Experience in working in agile/scrum delivery teams/Dev Ops
- Self-starter and able to handle concurrent tasks with appropriate priority
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization
- Good interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style, both face-to-face and virtually
- Good English communication skills both verbal and written
- 3-5 years software engineering
- Minimum Education or Certification: 4-year Degree related to IT
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorized Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Seniority level– Not Applicable
Job function-General Business, Analyst, and Information Technology
Industries-Oil & Energy
- Location- Bangalore
- Software Engineer II – UI for Microsoft in Bangalore
- Jobs for Software Engineer in Intel ,Bangalore
- Job in Bangalore For PHP Developer
- Job in Bangalore For Software Engineer
- Reliance Jio Jobs in Bangalore for Fresher
How to Apply: click on apply now button to go to official website of Shell to get apply
GET MORE JOBS CLICK HERE@https://freshjobalert.in