Title : Strategy & Market Development Leader
Reports To : VP/GM Applied Market
In this role, the Strategy & Market Development Leader will be responsible for developing and executing on market and application development strategies to drive penetration and expand market share for Applied markets and associated technology platforms. This senior leader will lead a team of Segment Managers to develop and execute on market development strategies with a focus in Pharma.
Responsibilities include developing organizational capability that brings clear understanding of end market needs & trends, upcoming regulatory requirements and builds a stream of applications and solutions to best position our current and future portfolio. The role includes developing upstream market understanding and aligning the global market penetration strategy and progress them through new product development stages to product launch.
In this role, the incumbent is expected to build and drive relationships with key opinion leaders, professional organizations and strategic accounts within our target markets, and relevant internal functions, to enrich and strengthen the overall innovation agenda throughout the strategic plan horizon.
- Champions and leads overall End Market/Segment growth strategies based on fact-based analysis of market trends; competitive applications portfolios; technology advancements; and customer needs assessment and regulatory requirements
- Lead the development of best practices for effective value propositions and sales tools that are practical to use and aligned to segmentation and regional specific requirements;
- Focal point within the organization to ensure marketing collateral, applications and solutions support our overall growth strategy and aligned across Segment, R&D and Commercial organizations.
- Leads development and prioritization of focus segment applications that enable our solutions to be differentiated and value-add to our customers
- Develop deep bench of technical knowledge around applications and market segment customer needs across Instruments, Consumables & Service, and translate this knowledge into technology and solution landscaping activities
- Lead penetration of targeted market segments and customers
- Drive assessment of new product launches and current portfolio by effectiveness to sales plan, strategic intent on share of demand, pricing and value proposition. Drive marketing and application development to counter deviation from plan.
- Own the lessons learned feedback process and implement effective change processes to maximize the effectiveness and rigor of future new product launches
- Architect application support strategy to reflect market focus initiatives including establishing and managing collaborator agreements/relationships on global basis
- Actively develop relationships with KOLs and key customers in priority end market segments
- Bachelor Science degree in Science, or Business; MBA preferred
- Successful 10+ year track record in various strategic roles in life science tools; experience in R&D, customer and market segmentation, creating portfolio roadmaps, robust business cases, and commercialization of solutions.
- Native fluency in Mandarin
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to drive business results
- Ability to develop customer needs into applications, solutions driving business growth
- Experience in analytical instruments is a plus
PerkinElmer provides competitive compensation plans