Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world’s leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley’s sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
We are hiring for a software engineer to join the Shanghai office as part of a global Fixed Income development team. This team designs and develops high-volume server-side applications for a mission-critical risk calculation system that requires resilience, stability and performance. Our stakeholders include Traders, Quants, Market Risk and Finance. Our work includes increasing scalability, stability on front and back-office risk calculations across Macro products such as FX and Rates derivatives and cash products. We make use of the public-cloud and our proprietary highly-distributed graph-calculation framework written in Scala to achieve our business goals.
A successful candidate will:
- Work in an agile manner across the global team in Hong Kong, Shanghai and London.
- Understand our powerful graph-calculation framework and develop innovative solutions within that framework in Scala
- Identify and implement performance and efficiency improvements in our calculations
- Develop tools to automate and simplify existing desk workflows
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related subject
- Good communication skills in English to communicate with global stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven hands-on software development experience; Able to write well-designed, testable and efficient code.
- Experience in development using any language, e.g. Scala/Java/C , etc
- Interest and knowledge of large-scale server-side distributed systems