- Hiring Organization: University of Cape Town
- Post Name: Music Teacher
- Industry: Education
- Qualification: Master of Arts Degree in Music
- Salary: ZAR 50000 to ZAR 55000 Per Month
- Job Experience: 5 Years
- Work Hours: 8 Hours
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Location: Cape Town
Music Teacher Vacancies Cape Town: Music teachers provide lessons within home, educational (eg schools) or virtual settings, teaching pupils of all ages to sing or play musical instruments
You will also need to show that you can teach. Gaining a qualification that involves training in this area, such as the Level 4 Certificate for Music Educators (CME), is a great way to do this. The CME is offered by the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) and Trinity College London. Alternatively, a postgraduate certificate in education (PGCE) or postgraduate diploma of education (PGDE) could set you up well if you already have a degree in music.
Particularly if you are looking for work through a website specializing in matching tutors with students (eg Tutorful), however, you may find that some relevant experience in teaching (even tutoring a family member) is sufficient.
University of Cape Town UCT as the South African College, a high school for boys.
The College had a small tertiary-education facility that grew substantially after 1880, when the discovery of gold and diamonds in the north – and the resulting demand for skills in mining – gave it the financial boost it needed to grow.
The College developed into a fully fledged university during the period thanks to increased funding from private sources and the government.
During these years, the College built its first dedicated science laboratories, and started the departments of mineralogy and geology to meet the need for skilled personnel in the country’s emerging diamond and gold-mining industries.
Another key development during this period was the admission of women. In 1886 the Professor of Chemistry, Paul Daniel Hahn, convinced the Council to admit 4 women into his chemistry class on a trial basis. Owing to the exceptional standard of work by the women students, the College decided to admit women students permanently in honor of Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee.
saw the establishment of the Medical School, the introduction of engineering courses and a Department of Education.
UCT was formally established as a university, on the basis of the Alfred Beit bequest and additional substantial gifts from mining magnates Julius Wernher and Otto Beit. The new university also attracted substantial support from well-wishers in the Cape Town area and, for the first time, a significant state grant.
the university was able to move the bulk of its facilities to the magnificent site at Groote Schurz on the slopes of Devil’s Peak. It was here, on land bequeathed to the nation by Cecil John Rhodes as the site for a national university, that UCT celebrated its centenary the following year.
- Planning and preparing lessons in relation to individual pupils’ needs and examination syllabuses
- Acquiring appropriate teaching materials and resources
- Teaching music theory, aural skills and practical techniques to pupils
- Entering and preparing pupils for examinations
- Motivating pupils and encouraging progress
- Liaising with academic staff and parents
- Creating and maintaining a network of contacts to ensure work continuity
- Ensuring up-to-date knowledge and awareness of examination requirements
- Assessing pupils’ abilities, providing feedback and writing reports
- Arranging recitals and concerts for pupils’ families and friends
- Keeping financial, administrative and business records
- Advertising or publicizing the business.
- Ability to motivate others
- Communication skills – the ability to adapt your communication to suit different people is particularly important
- Creative thinking – including, for example, the ability to build lesson plans that will suit different individuals.
|Job Type||Vacancy||More Information|
|Govt Jobs||2,611||View More|
|Private Jobs||830||View More|
|Marketing Jobs||2,778||View More|
|Management Jobs||230||View More|
|Medical Jobs||1,443||View More|
|Bank Jobs||824||View More|
|State Wise Govt Jobs||3,070||View More|
GET MORE JOBS CLICK HERE@ https://freshjobalert.in
NOTE-Fresh Job Alert never ask for any money regarding a job placement nor encourage about the same, be careful and do not pay any amount for any job apply or career placement and only apply for job by company’s official website