Designation: Project Manager, Professional Services
Role Purpose: A Project Manager is a motivated, result driven individual that drives and delivers customer projects successfully for the Professional Services Organisation at VMware.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Manages project to ensure that the project remains within agreed scope, schedule, cost and quality
- Provide decision making authority across all technical and business process related issues
- Provide project reports on a timely basis following the delivery excellence methodology
- Identify team resources required in conjunction with all Engagement Managers
- Mange project team and maintain their motivation to deliver the project successfully.
- Maintain resource capability across the project
- Ensure that IT, infrastructure, process and organisation elements of a project are addressed and integrated
- Manage project plan and schedule
- Promptly resolve project issues and remove associated project delays
- Identify Project risks and mitigate appropriately.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to deliver an efficient Project Management function on behalf of VMware.
- Continuously drive constant improvement within the consultancy teams to increase the customer experience, drive further adoption of VMware technology and grow the Professional Services business
- Own, manage, track and report on the successful delivery of projects using the organisations project delivery/tracking tool Changepoint
- Manage, track and report on the financial (Revenue, Costs, Margin) aspects for all assigned projects
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Role Specific Technical Skills:
- Capable to daily work with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Changepoint, SharePoint
- Role Specific Commercial skills:
- Has personal pride in the quality of work delivered
- Has created project plans and schedules
- Managed Risk and Issues log’s
- Is able to provide on a weekly report updates on delivery revenue forecasts including their current status, likely close, possible over-runs
- 8 years of experience in the IT industry with a minimum of 4 years in Project Management or a similar delivery management role, including people management Education:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent industry qualification & management experience Personal Attributes and Competencies:
- Is personable and well presented
- Is able to communicate effectively with all levels of a VMware and customer organisation (e.g. Technology individual to CIO’s) and vary the message and content based on audience
- Is results focused by delivering no matter what the challenges
- Can demonstrate perseverance against adversity
- Demonstrates ownership and responsibility for what has been committed
- Has excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Has a strong Business and financial acumen
- Has the ability to collaborate with other peers and stakeholders effectively · Is able to manage their time effectively within the 90 day business cycle
- Has the ability to travel (nationally & internationally) up to 25% when required
Category : Business Strategy and Operations Subcategory: Project Management Experience: Manager and Professional Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time Posted Date: 2021-04-15
VMware’s Professional Services team is obsessed with helping organizations achieve their goals with the power of VMware technology. As partners throughout their digital transformation, we work with customers to build the IT capabilities, competencies, and culture they need to improve employee and customer experiences, accelerate innovation, and confidently move into the future. Join our team, and you’ll work alongside a diverse group of people who are passionate about sharing their broad expertise and empowering you to do your best work. Our technology is changing the way the world’s biggest brands do business. Where will your impact be made?
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.Job ID: R2107288
- Back Office Jobs in Mumbai
- Delivery Boy Jobs for 12th Pass in Kolkata
- Relationship Associate Job in Bancassurance Mumbai
- Office Executive ICICI Bank Career 2021 in Jharkhand
GET MORE JOBS CLICK HERE@https://freshjobalert.in
NOTE-We are never ask for any money regarding a job placement nor encourage about the same, be careful and do not pay any amount for any job apply or career placement and only apply for job by company’s official website