Note: We are not actively recruiting right now. However, we are growing rapidly and always in need for good, talented psychologists. Please register your details and we will be in touch when we expand. You may not hear from us immediately. But rest assured, your details are with us and we will review them when we expand in Mumbai and other cities.
Slim.in, a lifestyle change based weight management intervention is looking for Psychologists to deliver its group programmes in communities across India. It is a unique opportunity to work with an innovative, young company introducing Psychology to lifestyle related health issues at scale. The intervention has been developed with inputs from psychology & nutrition and consists of weekly 1.5 hour sessions. It incorporates the latest research in behaviour change around weight management following a comprehensive literature review.
India is the third largest obese country in the world with more than 30mn people with obesity. If one includes people who are overweight, this number jumps to 100mn. Obesity is linked to a significant number of health challenges including diabetes which affects more than 60mn people in India. Globally, 3 risk factors (poor diet, lack of physical activity and tobacco use) are linked to four diseases that account for 50% of deaths. Slim.in deals with two out of the three factors for now, and plans to develop an intervention for the third (tobacco) soon.
Slim.in was published in Health: Our Business (PDF, 5mb) (https://www.bupa.com/corporate/our-purpose/workplaces/health-our-business), an initiative to find innovative interventions by the Global Chief Medical Officers network as part of the Clinton Global Initiative.
We are currently recruiting for Mumbai and Navi Mumbai.
In short, it is the programme leader’s responsibility to ensure that every participant is successful in losing weight and keeping it off.
In broad terms, this means the following
- Deliver 1.5 hour sessions to groups of up to 20 people. Each group meets once a week
- Meet every potential attendee and assess their suitability for slim.in (http://slim.in/) meetings (stages of change assessment, motivational interviewing, explaining how slim.in (http://slim.in/) can help, etc)
- Regularly conduct free slim.in (http://slim.in/) taster sessions. These give useful information about healthy eating and showcase how slim.in (http://slim.in/) works
- Record participant’s measurement data
- Continuously improve the intervention
- Over time, contribute to research literature around weight loss interventions
In addition to the above clinical responsibilities, the Leader will also be responsible for operational elements around delivering the meetings including, but not limited to, billing, printing and distributing handouts (if necessary) and the like.
Over time, we will look at interesting ways to make a wider impact on society. This could include training community ambassadors to disseminate healthy living messages, speaking at schools and colleges about healthy eating and creating/executing interventions that can be delivered at scale by non-professionals.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology with at least five years of experience in the field of mental health OR
- Master’s degree in psychology with at least two years of experience in the field of mental health OR
- Pre-doctoral (M.Phil) or doctoral degree in Psychology
- Candidates with significant experience are encouraged to apply
- Empathy is key to being a successful slim.in (http://slim.in/) Programme Leader
- Voracious reader, and an ability to assimilate information quickly
- Genuine interest in helping people
- Experience of / demonstrated comfort in handling small groups of 12 – 20 people
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English plus one other language
- Ability to work independently
- Comfortable with technology. We use a variety of IT tools to manage our operations
- Interdisciplinary bent of mind
Salary is not a constraint for the right candidate
Hours of operation
We are looking for full-time and part-time professionals. Please indicate your preference while completing the application form
|Job Type||Vacancy||More Information|
|Govt Jobs||2,611||View More|
|Private Jobs||830||View More|
|Marketing Jobs||2,778||View More|
|Management Jobs||230||View More|
|Medical Jobs||1,443||View More|
|Bank Jobs||824||View More|
|State Wise Govt Jobs||3,070||View More|
GET MORE JOBS CLICK HERE@https://freshjobalert.in
NOTE-Fresh Job Alert never ask for any money regarding a job placement nor encourage about the same, be careful and do not pay any amount for any job apply or career placement and only apply for job by company’s official website